Google Search Console (GSC) is a web service by Google that lets you monitor and manage your website's organic search presence. This means helping your website appear "higher-up" in search results for Google.
GSC is a free tool that can be started whenever. The only requirements to use the tool is that you need an active google email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your website must be live.
How To: Setup Google Search Console
- Go to Google Search Console and click Start Now
- Enter your website's Domain Name under the option for Domain
- Click Continue
- Select the Record Type: TXT(recommended)
- Click Copy to copy the TXT Code
- Send the copied TXT code to support (email@example.com)
After support confirms your code is added to your website, click Verify.
Please Note: Google Search Console is out of Real Geeks' typical realm of support. Please review Google's documentation to learn more about optimizing this tool to help your web presence on Google.