For a certain number of MLS boards, You need to put a copy of a personalized Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice on your website before you can receive IDX approval from your board.
Topics Discussed in this Article:
How to Get your DMCA Form
1. Go to https://dmca.copyright.gov/osp/login.html and sign up
2. Create an account with the “Register Here” option
3. After registering, check your email for a confirmation link that must be clicked, then press “here” to proceed
4. Log into your new account and press “Add Service Provider”
5. Fill in your Brokerage information in the Service Provider space (Broker name, address, phone, etc…) then press “Next”
6. Type any domain names you own or websites that you are a part of in the “Enter new alternate name here…” field and press the blue “+” sign. Repeat as needed then press “Next”
7. Enter the Agent's information that you’d like to receive any notifications of claimed infringement, then press “Next” (This should be your own email, unless you want an admin to receive these messages)
8. Confirm the details have been added correctly, Press “Next”, then pay the required $6 registration fee (This payment is required in order to receive the notice that must be placed on your website)
9 You will be sent an email with an attachment for your own DMCA notice
How to Add the DMCA to Your Website
1. Go to home.realgeeks.com and press “edit website” (If you haven’t completed the set up checklist, follow the prompted steps to do so)
2. Scroll to the “Content” section and press “Footers”
3. Select the "Default Footer"
4. Press the "Insert/Edit Image" button
5. Click the blue "Source" button
6. Insert the image with the "Upload" button in the top-right corner
7. Drag the DMCA into the area, or click the "Select Files" button
8. After the PDF has been uploaded, select the file name and copy the link that's provided
9. go back to your website's footer content area, Type in "DMCA Disclaimer"
10. Highlight the text you've added, and press the "Insert/Edit" link button
11. Paste the copied link in the URL field and press "Ok" (You can change the "Target" dropdown menu to "New Window" and it will open the disclaimer in a new browser tab)
12. Press "Save"