The Real Geeks and iCloud Contacts integration will synchronize your contacts information from leads and clients between Real Geeks and iCloud Contacts.
- All of your iPhone Contacts are available in Real Geeks ready for quick, easy follow up
- Updated Prospects and Clients names will be displayed through caller ID and texts
- Keep Real Geeks contacts info in lock step with your iPhone Contacts info.
Checkout the video above to see it in action.
If you'd prefer to read through a guide, here's a step-by-step:
Head to https://my.apination.com/apps/realgeek/icloud_contacts to get started.
There you will see 2 syncs available for Real Geeks and iCloud Contacts.
- iCloud Contacts contacts to Real Geeks Lead
- Real Geeks leads to iCloud Contacts
You can set up 1, or both of these Syncs for the same flat rate. Click activate on either of the Syncs to begin set up.
After clicking Activate on one of the Syncs you’ll be asked to sign in to API Nation. You can
- sign in to a current account
- sign in using a Google account
- Create a new API Nation account
Once you sign in or create a new account, you will be asked to connect Real Geeks. Click the Connect Real Geeks button
This will take you out to an article walking through how to connect Real Geeks to API Nation.
Scroll down until you see the link to leadrouter.realgeeks.com. Open that link in a new tab and continue down
Under step 4 you’ll see an Authorization key. Highlight that and press ctrl+c or cmd+c to copy.
Now go to the new leadrouter.realgeeks.com tab
- Click “Configure Destinations”
- Select www.apination.com
Scroll down until you see the API Nation destination tile.
- Click Connect
- Paste the Authorization Key from your clipboard into the field
- Choose the User that the leads should be connected to
- Click Save
Once you’ve created the destination, you can go back to the API Nation tab.
Scroll to the bottom of the article and click the “Test Connection” button. If you’ve added the destination correctly you’ll see a success message and get forwarded to the next step.
Now that Real Geeks is connected we can connect iCloud. First click the “Connect iCloud” button
To connect iCloud, you’ll need your Apple ID, and an app-specific-password. There are links on this form to guides to create your app-specific-password
To create the app-specific-password, open a new tab and go to https://appleid.apple.com/
Sign in with your Apple ID and related password.
It will ask you for Two Factor Authentication. Check your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook for the 6 digit code.
Once signed in, click on the tile for “App-Specific Passwords”
Click Generate, Add a name (e.g. API Nation) and then click “Create”
Once you’ve created the password, highlight it and press cmd+c or ctrl+c to copy.
Go back to the API Nation tab in your browser, and paste the password in using cmd+v or ctrl+v
Once you’ve connected iCloud, you can now begin configuring your Sync for launch.
Here you can set up and Activate your Sync.
- Check this box if you’d like to Sync all your contacts that fit the previous criteria as far back as possible. Uncheck the box and the Sync will only send over any new contacts from now on.
Scroll down to “Mapping”.
If you’d like to add additional fields to the Sync, just click the field on the left, and then click the corresponding field that you want the data Synced into on the right.
Once you’re satisfied scroll back to the top
- Click the big button to “Activate the Sync
- Once the Sync is active, if you’d like to also set up the Sync in the other direction, click the Real Geeks logo
Then Click the iCloud Contacts tile, and select the Sync going the opposite direction to begin setting that Sync up. Because you’ve already connected both apps, you’ll be passed right to the configuration screen, where you can activate the Sync.
Once you’ve connected them, they will all be available for management in the “My Syncs” area of API Nation.
- Click My Syncs to see all Syncs you’ve set up
- Here are the two Syncs we just set up
- You can toggle these Syncs on and off at any time by simply clicking their respective switches here
As soon as a contact is updated or added to Real Geeks it will also be added to iCloud Contacts. Also all your iCloud Contacts from the past, present and future will be added into Real Geeks.
Your Caller ID info will always be up to date, your contacts are completely backed up, and you’ll be more effective than ever.