The Real Geeks and Google Contacts integration will synchronize your contacts information from leads and clients between Real Geeks and Google Contacts.
- All of your Smartphone Contacts are available in Real Geeks ready for quick, easy follow up
- Updated Prospects and Clients names will be displayed through caller ID and texts
- Keep Real Geeks contacts info in lock step with your Google Contacts Contacts info.
Checkout the video above to see it in action.
If you'd prefer to read through a guide, here's a step-by-step:
Head to https://my.apination.com/apps/realgeek/google_contacts to get started.
There you will see 2 syncs available for Real Geeks and Google Contacts.
- Google Contacts contacts to Real Geeks Lead
- Real Geeks leads to Google Contacts people
You can set up 1, or both of these Syncs for the same flat rate. Click activate on either of the Syncs to begin set up.
After clicking Activate on one of the Syncs you’ll be asked to Connect Google Contacts. Check the box confirming that you are not currently using any other tools to sync contacts between these two apps, and click the Connect Google Contacts button.
Follow the prompts to choose your Google Account and allow it to connect to API nation.
Once Google Contacts is connected, you can now connect Real Geeks. Click the “Connect Real Geeks” button
This will take you out to an article walking through how to connect Real Geeks to API Nation.
Scroll down until you see the link to leadrouter.realgeeks.com. Open that link in a new tab and continue down
Under step 4 you’ll see an Authorization key. Highlight that and press ctrl+c or cmd+c to copy.
Now go to the new leadrouter.realgeeks.com tab
- Click “Configure Destinations”
- Select www.apination.com
Scroll down until you see the API Nation destination tile.
- Click Connect
- Paste the Authorization Key from your clipboard into the field
- Choose the User that the leads should be connected to
- Click Save
Once you’ve created the destination, you can go back to the API Nation tab.
Scroll to the bottom of the article and click the “Test Connection” button. If you’ve added the destination correctly you’ll see a success message and get forwarded to the next step.
Here you can set up and Activate your Sync.
- Choose the “Contact Group” you want synced into Real Geeks. You can select “Default” to send over all contacts regardless of Label. Or choose a label for the Sync to monitor and Sync over.
- Check this box if you’d like to Sync all your contacts that fit the previous criteria as far back as possible. Uncheck the box and the Sync will only send over any new contacts from now on.
Scroll down to “Mapping”.
If you’d like to add additional fields to the Sync, just click the field on the left, and then click the corresponding field that you want the data Synced into on the right.
Once you’re satisfied scroll back to the top
- Click the big button to “Activate the Sync
- Once the Sync is active, if you’d like to also set up the Sync in the other direction, click the Real Geeks logo
Then Click the Google Contacts tile, and select the Sync going the opposite direction to begin setting that Sync up. Because you’ve already connected both apps, you’ll be passed right to the configuration screen, where you can activate the Sync.
Once you’ve connected them, they will all be available for management in the “My Syncs” area of API Nation.
- Click My Syncs to see all Syncs you’ve set up
- Here are the two Syncs we just set up
- You can toggle these Syncs on and off at any time by simply clicking their respective switches here
- If you’d like to set up additional Syncs with slightly different configurations (e.g. looking at a different Google Contacts Label) click this clone button, make the slight change and launch the additional Sync.
As soon as a contact is updated or added to Real Geeks it will also be added to Google Contacts. Also all your Google Contacts from the past, present and future will be added into Real Geeks..
Your Caller ID info will always be up to date, your contacts are completely backed up, and you’ll be more effective than ever.